Vray blend material issues

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Vray blend material issues

I bet this is going to sound really dumb, but we have an issue here with the VRayBlendMtl and VrayCarPaint. Basically we are trying to apply a decal on the hood of the car. As an example the car paint is red and the decal is a black and white sticker. White is naturally the transparent part that is supposed to be paint color. All is fine and dandy, but the moment we start increasing the blend amount on the decal the paint fades away. And vice versa when we take the blend amount from the decal it disappears. I guess it makes sense, but is there a setting that prevents the paint form blending into the black part of the decal? This should be incredibly simple and it seems to be causing us a lot more headaches than it should!! Any help is very much appreciated.

06 June 2013
cant you just use the texture as the blend mask? just change the texture to a bw map and set it to the blendamount?

06 June 2013
A blend mask? Not sure I'm following you. Plug the texture to where? The texture is already a black and white map, but it seems that for some reason VRay isn't reading the alpha map from the white part of the map which is transparent.

06 June 2013
well lets see if i understand you right instead =)

First of you have a carpaint material that is connected to the base materialslot in a vray blendmaterial.

Then you have a vraymaterial going into the coat material 0

last you have a texture plugged into the blendamount on the coat material 0

right?

when i use that setup with a texture it works fine, the texture i tested with is a standard png file (without alpha channel) were the text is white and the rest is black since you want to blend in that coat material.

06 June 2013
Aaaa....I knew it had to be something simple Duuuhhh...we plugged the texture to the VRayMtl coat material 0 diffuse channel not the blend amount I owe you a beer. Thank you!

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread