The Huldra, Amelia Halgas (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
The Huldra, Amelia Halgas (2D)

Title: The Huldra
Name: Amelia Halgas
Software: Photoshop

Title: The Huldra
Name: Amelia Hałgas
Software: Photoshop

Huldra's description from Wikipedia:
"The Huldra is a seductive forest creature found in Scandinavian folklore...The huldra is a stunningly beautiful, sometimes naked woman with long hair; though from behind she is hollow like an old tree trunk, and has an animal's tail. In Norway, she has a cow's tail, and in Sweden she may have that of a cow or a fox. Further in the north of Sweden, the tail can be entirely omitted in favor of her hollow or bark-covered back..."
This is my private illustration which I get idea for when I was looking for some knowledge about trolls (needed for another commercial illustrations).
I'm really glad I started this painting because I've learned a lot while working on it. I really improve my knowledge about perspective, lightning and anatomy.
That's why I want to share this one and get some comments and critics to help me improve more :)
Thanks for watching!

12 December 2012
Very nice, and lovely lighting! I feel there might be a little bit too much turqoise in the picture tho, it would look more right with greener tone, especially for a scandinavian forest

If you need some more knowledge about trolls, this movie; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trollhunter should definately be seen!

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread