Alien Priest

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 07 July 2014   #1
Exclamation [WIP]Alien Priest

My initial inspiration was to make some kind of humanoid with antlers coming down from the back of the head, and this is what came out of it! I want it to have a Panís Labyrinth/ dark magic/ spectral feel, and I think its going in the right direction. Iím still having trouble figuring out what to do with the hands and I need to put something where the circle is currently residing. Critiques and suggestions are welcome!

http://kilianmcmann.cgsociety.org/a...tion-2d-1199997

Last edited by kilianmcmann : 07 July 2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Unsure on some details

Old 07 July 2014   #2
There are multiple issues with your image. I could get into details about what's lacking in this image, such as anatomy problems, lack of readability of the forms, vague surface properties, composition, lighting, etc, but they all are rooted in basic visual art foundation. In situations like yours, troubleshooting the image itself becomes far less relevant than troubleshooting your artistic development as a whole, because the problems that exit in this image is evident in all your other images in your portfolio, and the best way to help you, is to to help you strengthen your foundation as an artist.

If you haven't yet, you should go to the Art Techniques & Theories forum (linked below in my signature) and read the sticky threads. There is a lot of information in them that will guide you in how to effectively learn and grow as a visual artist, pitfalls to watch out for, and how not to waste years of your time going around in circles but not improving much.

reply share thread