"Garshasp" The Monster Slayer, Soheil Danesh (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2009   #1
"Garshasp" The Monster Slayer, Soheil Danesh (2D)

Title: "Garshasp" The Monster Slayer
Name: Soheil Danesh
Software: Painter, Photoshop

Hi friends,

Here is one of my newest illustrations for "Garshasp" video game.
Because of some reasons, we had to change the story and the name of " Soshiant" video game.
So the new story and the character is really more exciting and heroic and i LIKE this character much more.
" GARSHASP" is the name of a monster-slaying hero in Iranian mythology He's an ancient hero in Persian ( Iranian) myths and I can bravely say that he's one of the greatest heroes stands out of the worlds myths and fantasy stories and tales. Please just check he's story in Wikipedia and you'll find out what i'm talking about ! :)

This illustration was one of the very first studies of his overall look, muscles , props and... . You'll find it much better and with too much details and props in the final released Video Game.
I made it in Photoshop and some renderings in Painter.
I hope you guys like this piece , and It will be great to hear your ideas about it.

Regards,
Soheil Danesh

Old 05 May 2009   #2
Damn this warr seems tough! Dnt wanna be on the other team for sure!
Amazing style!

Old 05 May 2009   #3
WoooW really fantastic and out of world ... You are the MAN

I hope you have a better modeling team in this project becuase i really surprised on The age of pahlevans ( frankly 3d models wasn't even look like of your paintings ) i know game engine matters are involved but people buy those games beacuase of your posters

anyway great piece of art . keep it up

Old 05 May 2009   #4
Originally Posted by Pooria: WoooW really fantastic and out of world ... You are the MAN

I hope you have a better modeling team in this project becuase i really surprised on The age of pahlevans ( frankly 3d models wasn't even look like of your paintings ) i know game engine matters are involved but people buy those games beacuase of your posters

anyway great piece of art . keep it up

First of all thanks for your comment

I made the Age Of Pahlevans video game poster after the game had been finished and was ready to be released , so I'm not the concept artist or character designer for that video game, Some one else is responsible for this matter

In our Studio we have the greatest modelers of Iran. I can bravely say that when you see the final shots,that will totally below your minds away!

be cool

Old 05 May 2009   #5
hmm i got it . i just wanted to be sure what's going on there anyway thanks for the response.
i'll stay cool to make my mind ready

Old 05 May 2009   #6
Thumbs up

He really seems wild and i like it for video game !!
Much better that the name of the game is not soshiant ... We are not ready for his great story and personality and history .
I love it dude

Old 05 May 2009   #7
Thumbs up

Hey Soheil! Nice to see that here! I really can't wait to play the game!
Keep up the good works.
Best wishes:
Alireza

My Portfolio

My DWIV wip

Old 05 May 2009   #8
Very great character and pose!
Amazing ...! 5 stars for U! *****

Old 06 June 2009   #9
Thumbs up

hey Soheil! i do too like it lol...As your initial study, man awesome! the color palette has that dusty hue, complimenting the terrain i guess as you do more studies you might add more to the background ...that'll be a treat ( heh heh). however, i know your emphasis is the character and his design, it is very well done! I read the wikipedia article and as i would imagine Garshasp, you sure did it!
BTW .... i'm a fan of your portfolio

Old 06 June 2009   #10
nice illustration Soheil,keep up the good work!
good luck

Old 06 June 2009   #11
Hey Dude, Just dropped by to say What if we had made him just like this, No SHIRT AT ALL! i think, this way (exactly what every one see him here!!) he would be MORE "Dragon Slayer", you know what?, more brutal, more wild! and hey man... what if we can make a story for his white eyes?!!! lets make it happen in GARSHASP 2! wow, here is public! i should not through my brain storms like this! , have a nice time body.
CHAX.

Old 06 June 2009   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread