Jon Campbell - Animation Session 11 - Action Cut

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
And here is v5

I added antics and cushions and fixed the foot for the shooting character in the cut shot. I also added a pose and changed the timing slightly on the shot character. One thing that is bugging me is the shot character; I need to make him leaning back, before he takes the step and keels over.

What does everyone think?

-jon

12 December 2004
Hi...

nice work! Like the timing and poses! I am just not sure about making him looking to the camera on the fisrt shot, right before the cut! I would keep him looking to his right side!

Nice job!

BTW: V5 link did not work for me!

Cya

Last edited by MrSolo : 12 December 2004 at 11:05 AM.

12 December 2004
Sorry the link didn't work, I just tried it and it does work. Maybe the server was down? Try it again.....

-jon

12 December 2004
Here is v6

I smoothed out the shooting character by changing all of the curves to linear. Time for breakdowns....then smoothing out the linear curves, then final. Two days, its gonna be a lot of work!

The hands need a lot of work, such as leading and following action as they are very stiff. The feet slide from pose to pose in cut 2, so I need to add some "jumping" action in the feet.

Anybody see anything else?

-jon

12 December 2004
Funny piece. The first version I didn't understand what was happening, now it works.

One thing, the right arm at the beginning looks wrong. I would have the elbow down a bit so it look more natural. Same for the left arm at the end... it look all flat in one line... break it maybe?

break break break

Also, is he going to have a real gun at the end?

break break break

12 December 2004
Thanx for the comments cecile. I see what you mean about the straight arms. I need to work on the silhouettes for those two poses then.

No gun at the end, sorry. That would kill the humour in the piece cuz his reaction is totally based upon the fact that he just shot someone with his hand in the shape of a gun.

-jon

12 December 2004
oh, so I would use two fingers to make it look like a gun a bit more... at the moment he looks like more he is doing the "you're in type of sign" with just his index ...

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread