Animated Beach and Pool People

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2012
Animated Beach and Pool People

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for animated beach/pool people for a long long time without success. Now my client has this as a requirement. I have looked for 3D people and animated sprites all over and the only ones are in http://www.axyz-design.com, they are a small bunch just for Lightwave and Modo.

Is it poser an alternative? Is it too complicated to animate these characters and export them?

I really appreciate any help

Diego T.

04 April 2012
Hi,

For semi-naked people, you can also look for DAZ Studio, it's much better than poser (IMHO) and can export in collada, mdd and FBX formats (depending on versions and plugins).

With it's Animate plugin, you can get pretty easy BVH animations and the genesis character allows for many customisation.

Try it and see if it suits you. Basicaly DAZ studio store is filled with scantily clad women.

As for AXYZ, I have the anima crowd simulation software which works very well with C4D, but they currently don't offer many agents that would help you : most of them are fully dressed.

04 April 2012
EricM,

Thanks for the detailed information. Why do you think it Daz it is better than Poser. Is it more flexible or is it easier to implement. I am looking for a solution that I can learn to use in a short time, that the characters are animated already since I am dealing with a short deadline.

BTW. Does exporting (collada, mdd and FBX formats) integrate the assets into C4D with ease?.. I mean, seamlessly?

Cheers!

Diego

04 April 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread