Ubuntu 7.04 & Geforce 7600GT installation help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

02 February 2007
Ubuntu 7.04 & Geforce 7600GT installation help

Hi guys,
I'm linuxing agian .....
Last night, I felt lucky and curious so I did a distribution upgrade from 6.10 to Feisty. All went well but easyUbuntu could no longer install my geforce card for me. Without that, blender will start but crash after about a minute or so.

Question: How would I install a Geforce 7600 GT card without easyUbuntu?

I can't wait to blender 100% in Linux

Thanks for helping!

P.S. I run openSuse but the menu is driving me crazy. To my joy, Ubuntu Feisty does NOT move the desktop when I press Alt + MMB (old habits die hard!)
  02 February 2007

this is more of a question to the ubuntu forums than blender section on cgtalk.. so maybe try there, also i suggest you read the FAQ and wiki on the ubuntu site. if nothing else helps, you can always just follow the README information that you can download with the driver straight from the nvidia site.

kulma.org | studio orange
  02 February 2007
Originally Posted by DrJohn:
Question: How would I install a Geforce 7600 GT card without easyUbuntu?

How about downloading nVidia drivers from their site and installing it after reading their installation instructions?
Vojvodina Republika!
  02 February 2007
just incase you dont know.. 7.04 isnt eaven officially released, so if theres problems with it you really might tbe interested to let the dev's know and ubuntuforums.org is the best place for everything ubuntu!
  02 February 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread