Any opinions on FAMU animation program? Or other schools?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  12 December 2013
Any opinions on FAMU animation program? Or other schools?

Hey, so I am a high school student, and I will be graduating from it in summer 2015 and I need to pick where I want to study next. FAMU (Film and TV school of the academy of performing arts in Prague) is a school thats very good for me financially, and one of the only ones. They have an animation program, but I have heard very little outside opinions about it. Is it good? What am I exactly going to learn there? Is it going to prepare me for a career in CG? Any info about the school and the program would be very appreciated.

Recommendations of any other schools is welcome as well, I am interested in general CG mostly, but wouldnt turn down a more specific program either. However, schools in EU would be preferred, as I cant exactly cover tuition in any NA school and as an EU citizen I often get benefits, like tuition being partially of even fully (Denmark, Sweden) covered by the government.

So yeah, thanks in advance for any help with choosing a school.

P.S.: Just registered on the forums, but Ive been reading it for a while, and already seen a lot of useful info

share thread