Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 12-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
Benek
Veteran
portfolio
Benek
London, United Kingdom

Delete a button in the Button Editor (Mac)

... I'm trying to remove a button from the Button Editor... the Silo help says 'To delete a button or page, select it and press the Delete key'. ... But when I press the Delete key this isn't working for me and Right Click doesn't do anything either... How can I remove a button?

Old 12-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
lhumungus
Veteran
portfolio
Lord Humungus
Humungus Parts and Labor
New York, USA

I run silo on a mac laptop, using custom keyboard and mouse configs. The laptop Delete, and both Delete and Backspace on my external keyboard all work to delete the key mappings, so I'm guessing you've made some adjustment that's preventing you from doing this.

That being said, if you go to Editors-->Keyboard Settings, you can pretty much map anything to anything just by double-clicking on the command you want to map. Same thing for Editors-->Mouse Settings.

hth,

LH

Old 12-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #3
lhumungus
Veteran
portfolio
Lord Humungus
Humungus Parts and Labor
New York, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benek
... I'm trying to remove a button from the Button Editor... the Silo help says 'To delete a button or page, select it and press the Delete key'. ... But when I press the Delete key this isn't working for me and Right Click doesn't do anything either... How can I remove a button?

Well I tried responding to this already, and maybe the post is being hung up by the moderator...but let's try again:

If you go to Editors --> Keyboard Settings, you can basically assign anything to anything just by double clicking on the command and then hitting the desired keystrokes. I use Silo on mac laptops and desktops and using the Delete/Backspace key has never been a problem. It's possible you have some other application interfering with your keyboard commands.

LH

Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Benek
Veteran
portfolio
Benek
London, United Kingdom

Yes, it's possible I have some conflict going on... I should've replied to this because I managed to figure it out... If I press Fn+alt+Backspace it seems to work fine. I use a mini keyboard which doesn't have a delete key, but fn+Backspace usually performs the Delete function. I also have a utility running called KeyRemap4 because Silo seems to switch/confuse the cmd and ctrl keys and I always use the ctrl key for navigation. Basically in the mouse settings, although Silo displays the navigation commands as using ctrl, it actually uses cmd which for me doesn't fit my 'ingrained' navigation workflow, so to bring Silo in-line with the navigation I'm used to using in Cinema 4D, I have to switch over the cmd and ctrl keys...

Old 12-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread