How Can I make Polygon Dynamic on Dynamic Curve?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Question How Can I make Polygon Dynamic on Dynamic Curve?

Hello CGSociety!
I am an art student trying to tighten some loose ends on my project for school. Right now I am stuck on trying to make dreadlocks for my satyress character. Basically I want to have her braids that I have modeled behind her head follow hear and behave like hair. I have achieved this with her boobs by using dynamic bone chain, but I wanted to do it without the bone chain for her hair so I wouldn't have to create all of those skeleton links.

This is a picture of her.
See the dreads in back of her head? I made dynamic curves and then extruded polygons onto them. They move, but when I move my satyress the first faces from the extrusion stretch and the original polygon shape stays in place. I've tried constraints, parenting, grouping, to various locators, head joints, and whatnot but I don't know how to get around the face stretching problem.

Anyone know a solution?
Thanks
-VinnyLT

03 March 2013
Most reliable setup would be: dynamic curve, joints bound to that curve (e.g., spline IK), mesh skinned to those joints.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread