Portable Tablet for daisy to laptop

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Portable Tablet for daisy to laptop

Portable Tablet for daisy to laptop:
What do you think?
Cintiq 12WX
Cintiq 22HD
or good ol Intuos 5?

I've got the Intuos- issues I have with it are the major detachment from the screen and issue of placement: i.e. on top of latop keyboard which can have a few issues.

The 12WX sounds nice but never used a Cintiq but know I would benefit from the capability.

The cintiq line would enable me to dongle it to my laptop but away from it.

12WX seems kind of outdated and still expensive- am I wrong and will the 22HD be a PITA to tow around with it although I foresee myself mostly using this setup at a desk.

Thoughts concerns...

01 January 2013
i purchased the 22HD just before the holidays, and love it... i don't think you'ld reget getting it; however, you will not want to be taking that thing anywhere... it would be a HUGE PITA.

it is just too heavy.

Also, the stand that came with it is well... disposable. I found that I could not get the desired position i wanted with it for drawing.

I ended up purchasing a 3M 220MB monitor armature for it and mounting it to my desk. It has a full 75 degree tilt, with 13" height and nearly 2' forward movement.

If you'ld like to see it, i'll take some quick photos of it and post here...

01 January 2013
here's a couple quick shots from my phone:

here you see i've removed the manufacturer mount, and attached it to the armature (and desk)

here is how i normally work on it, but will also raise it high enough to be able to stand while working... which is actually kinda nice.

01 January 2013
but this thing is nearly over 18 lbs with the stand... i just couldn't imagine me dragging around town

01 January 2013
Very NICE SETUP!!! DROOOL LOL

I will just have to get the 22HD then and keep my intuos for the road

Been doing some more sketching and Copic art- WOW, a bit rusty but getting it back LOL.

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY 22HD!

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by CKPinson: SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY 22HD!

no doubt, if you're use to the Intuos (I had the 4 since it came out), you'll be loving the Cintiq...

i do recommend getting one of those smudgeguard gloves... it does make a difference, or if you got some extra spandex laying around make one yourself :P

01 January 2013
totally. I have the intuos 3 and already have the smudge glove. Thanx for the input! Who doesn't love to draw lol

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread