Michael Cabuco - Visual Development Artist - Sketchbook

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Travis: Love that your trying colerful palletes I would say try to limit it to 3 colors and use saturation or magiv gray as a color as well. for example the blues at 12% 35% 60% and 78% I would love to see you try a piece today or this week with only one warm and one cool color but you must hit 4 diffrent saturation levels with each to see how colorful you can make an image with just two hues

Cheers Travis for the advice. I'm actually doing a series of value comps at the moment, so once I'm done I'll try those color those exercises and post up later this week. Thanks bud!

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by alksndr: Ive never seen the soft brush study style before, they look awesome! Excited to see whats next

Thanks man! Now that I look back on it, I should have thrown in a mix of soft and hard edges just to balance out the study. Thanks again for looking!

1 Week Ago
Thanks again for the color comp challenge Travis. Here's a little color study I did during my lunch break. I also added an HSV+Color board to check if I followed Travis's challenge prompt. I also added some color vibrance by tinting the image with complementary colors. I'll try to do more of these moving forward. Happy creating everyone!

1 Week Ago
youre improving so much Michael ! Keep it up

4 Days Ago
Originally Posted by HannahKang: youre improving so much Michael ! Keep it up
Thanks Hannah! It's always nice to hear from you!

4 Days Ago
Hey everybody, I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Here are some keyframe sketches from last week. The idea for these were to keep them simple (not over-rendered) and to focus more on story. Most of these keyframes were inspired by cinematographers I've been studying this past week. I gained so much benefit from these keyframes and I hope I can make this a regular habit.

23 Hours Ago
These look great o would like to see you integrate overlapping on a few. Check out paul richards thumbwar pdf if you haven't and see if there's any compositional tricks you can pull in for the next ones

reply share thread