May 2016 - Felipe Rio Branco

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2016
Thanks guys. Still some way to go.

You are right Jonathan, I was leaving the trees for last and did them quickly just to see if they would work. Been too busy with other details. I guess it's time to re address them.

Less then a week to go. Final push!

05 May 2016
Ok here is my final DMP

May2016_Final_DMP

I decided to push the tall buildings to the background and replace them with new dome shaped buildings instead. I think they work better with the shapes of the elevator domes.

Last edited by friobranco : 05 May 2016 at 07:54 PM.

05 May 2016
Notes

I have a few notes for final:
1. The perspective of the structure seems to be leaning towards the left too much. Tilt it back to the right a bit and also un-distort the plate to help you with the perspective.
2. The textural quality of your space elevator needs that digital noise imperfection. Use the healing brush or something to add some of that pixel variation to it and make it sit more harmoniously
3. The image still feels a bit unspectacular but requires only a bit of sci-fi upgrades to make it more interesting, I think. Just noodling around for like an hour, changing buildings here and there would make it feel more futuristic, I'm sure.

Originally Posted by friobranco: Ok here is my final DMP

May2016_Final_DMP
Link to the Hi Res version

05 May 2016
Thanks for the feedback Milan. I hope I have time to make the changes you suggested.

The distortion on the plate has been the biggest drawback I think. But I have to make it work.

05 May 2016

May2016_Final_Revised

I made use of all the time I had. I tilted the main elevator to the right, added some density to the city and a few extra tall buildings. Also added subtle noise to the elevator to bring everything together.

The city does not look as futuristic as I hoped but I am happy with the overall result.

Hope you guys like it and good luck to all!

Here is the HiRes Link

05 May 2016
D. I.

Try to give the shot a look by colour grading it and setting a more cinematic mood.

Originally Posted by friobranco:
May2016_Final_Revised
I made use of all the time I had. I tilted the main elevator to the right, added some density to the city and a few extra tall buildings. Also added subtle noise to the elevator to bring everything together.
The city does not look as futuristic as I hoped but I am happy with the overall result.
Hope you guys like it and good luck to all!
Here is the HiRes Link

05 May 2016

Hey Milan, thanks for the extra push... I guess sometimes you look at something for so long you miss the little details.

I warmed the image a bit and gave it a hazy pollution feel... a little "District 9"ish...

Hope you like it!

*** HiRes Link ***

05 May 2016
Final

Brought back some of the colour in the background that I masked out in the previous version.

*** HiRes Link ***

Last edited by friobranco : 06 June 2016 at 05:05 PM.

06 June 2016
Nicely done! I liked your aerial vision from the beginning .

Regards
Jonatan

06 June 2016
Thanks Jonatan and good luck!

reply share thread