3d animation and visual effects programe in VFS

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Exclamation 3d animation and visual effects programe in VFS

Hello people !

Is 3d animation and visual effects program in VFS worth doing ? I mean I was going through other animation programs ( not to mention about Animation Mentor, i animate, anim school, Scad, ringling, etc. ) , but found out that they are the only ones which provide an intensive 1 year program. Actually, I already have an experience in this industry since last 2 years as a character animator. So, I was wondering that if anyone could help me in deciding about a good school for 3d character animation. I am very much confused. Please help me to get of this troublesome situation asap !!

Thanks and Regards
Akshay Poddar

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Some of the Animation professors here at my school say that visual effects are mainly writing your own scripts so I don't believe many schools would teach it as heavily as 3D animation or modeling as far as the school searching I believe you have to decide based on what's cost effective, convenient, and affordable for you.

Old 05 May 2013   #3
I'm enrolled at CG Spectrum in their 1 year intensive, 3d animation program. Personally, I love it. I think it's great. It's a lot like Animation Mentor(which I considered going to), except cheaper tuition, and better teaching. I have some friends who are over at AM and I keep trying to get them to switch. It's sooo much nicer because it's still small and they actually care about you learning. So like, when I fell behind a little, my instructor went back and made sure I learned it, versus just continuing on. I think they also have a VFX and Modeling program as well. I'd recommend checking it out at least. http://www.cgspectrum.com/

If you're curious, this is my progress reel after only 6 months. I still have a lot to learn, but it gives you an idea of the type of assignments. I'm into my acting term right now which is really hard, but really fun. Progress reel vimeo

Feel free to message me if you're curious about it at all. I'm trying to get more classmates. I get lonely. (that's a joke.)

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread