Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 05-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #91
Intenditore
Veteran

portfolio
Anri Orlow
Russia

Windows just shows notification in a tray with text I repeated here, it happens after screen blink. There is newer driver, but I have a problems with it, in Photoshop I can't get OpenGL support.
My computer is 2y-old Toshiba Satellite, can't swap anywing, it is a laptop)

Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #92
keremgo3d

I'm having openGL issues on both intel graphics / AMD driven laptop and Nvidia 520 desktop. Viewport flickers like it has a black semi transparent layer on it. It happens when OpenGL is checked. When uncheck it, problem goes away.

It also happens with both new and old drivers. Updates are not solving anything. My Cinema 4D version is 13.

It would be cool if C4D has an option to use Direct 3D 9.0 on viewports - just like Max.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #93
Intenditore
Veteran

portfolio
Anri Orlow
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbj
Which is Windows way of telling you, that the driver froze. If there ain't a better driver available, exchange the hardware (using one with proper GL support) or start Cinema with the command line parameter -noopengl (to disable GL)

Best regards,

wbj

Wow! Great thanks! It started to work)
Finaly I can learn C4D!

Old 05-10-2013, 02:25 AM   #94
3DKiwi
Expert

Nigel Doyle
New Zealand

Quote:
It would be cool if C4D has an option to use Direct 3D 9.0 on viewports - just like Max.

Won't ever happen as that would exclude Mac OS users.

People buying laptops with the intention of running C4D / 3D apps should spend a few extra bucks and get one with a proper dedicated graphics card i.e. nVidia or ATI.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #95
hvanderwegen
Expert

Herbert van der wegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intenditore
Windows just shows notification in a tray with text I repeated here, it happens after screen blink. There is newer driver, but I have a problems with it, in Photoshop I can't get OpenGL support.
My computer is 2y-old Toshiba Satellite, can't swap anywing, it is a laptop)

Unfortunately, Intel chipsets are notoriously ill-suited for 3d content creation. Even if you do get it running, the viewport performance will be very poor. The intel opengl drivers are often buggy, and professional 3d software generally require something beefier, such as a medium level Nvidia or AMD/ATI graphics card.

Even Photoshop often has issues with Intel video chipsets, and turns off opengl hardware acceleration. I have had so many issues with intel chips and 3d apps... Not worth the time.

In short: that gma4500 intel chip is junk. Sorry. Better to be honest about it, than beating around the bush :-( Even the Blender foundation now tells everyone to get a video card with at least 512mb of dedicated memory (which means Intel chipsets are not officially supported anymore).

Old 05-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #96
Intenditore
Veteran

portfolio
Anri Orlow
Russia

Yes, I now it's very bad for any kind of 3d, I feel it every day, but I have no choice)

Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #97
keremgo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DKiwi
Won't ever happen as that would exclude Mac OS users.

People buying laptops with the intention of running C4D / 3D apps should spend a few extra bucks and get one with a proper dedicated graphics card i.e. nVidia or ATI.

Hello Nigel, it's great to have your input. You don't know me but you've always been a great inspiration to me on Cinema 4D. Not to mention your wonderful tutorials which all are great contributions to the C4D community.

While reading this topic I decided to check my graphics card on laptop and while searching about it on the net I've found a solution to switch from intel HD to Radeon HD. There are double graphics card on some laptops I think and its possible to switch from one to another. I'll just try it with Catalyst Control Center.

I was testing 3ds max for a long time with my humble laptop and desktop. I couldn't pay anymore for any other graphics card. This charade goes on and on over years, companies making great profit, performances are always fall short, still lots of bugs and nothing's actually changed.

I quit playing their game and decided to be more efficient and budget long time ago and I'm glad I did. Actually 3ds max working fluently with my humble computers and I think it's a great time to leave C4D behind after all great years with it. Change of air is good for health...

Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #98
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread