Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 08-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
neXib

Kristian Hollund
Developer / Hobbyist
Hollund Visuelt
Stavanger, Norway

Quote:
At a crossroad because i am contemplating getting either another 24 or going with a 27. Still using the ultrasharp 2407wfp i bought back in 2k6 and i found someone selling one on craigslist for 175. So its either a second one or the dell 2713hm. Saw a ultrasharp 3014 for 500 on clist but read about ghosting issues which is a turn off.

Did you decide on something? I do miss two screens at times, but I must say I'm still very happy with one, if I could afford two 27" Dell screens though.... (no I still think that would be a bit too much, friend of mine did go for that though, two 2713hm's)

Old 08-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #17
gamedeveloper
Grunt Level Enemy
portfolio
Mark Nelson
Game Designer, Artist, Etc.
New York, USA

Old 08-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #18
DuttyFoot
Expert

stephen curah
USA

Quote:
Did you decide on something? I do miss two screens at times, but I must say I'm still very happy with one, if I could afford two 27" Dell screens though.... (no I still think that would be a bit too much, friend of mine did go for that though, two 2713hm's)

no i didn't, still using my 2407wfp. i miss having two screens too, i had a 24inch samsung monitor that i gave to a relative. it was used as my tv/second monitor. dell announced a 4k 30 something inch monitor coming in near the end of the year so i decided to hold on till then. hopefully it will push the prices of the others down.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
imashination
Expert

portfolio
Matthew ONeill
3D Fluff
United Kingdom

I hope youve got the thunderbolt 2 connection it will need?

Old 08-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
DuttyFoot
Expert

stephen curah
USA

Quote:
I hope youve got the thunderbolt 2 connection it will need?

the dell 4k monitor requires thunderbolt 2? from what i have seen it has many input options.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #21
Spaceland
Veteran

portfolio
Denis Guay
Saint-hubert, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1
Hey man,

That's really up to personal preference. I like having one large 1080+ monitor and then a smaller 1600ish monitor, but some people hate this setup and like to have both monitors the same.

If you've got the cash, go for one high resolution display, and maybe continue to use your 22" display for tools and stuff.

-AJ

I would do the same, get size that good to get good view in your view screen from your software and use the second that you already own for the other stuff.

I personally think that if you would start from scratch, I would go buy 2 x 24 inch display but since you already own one, would be easier for you to get another 24 or 27 inch. Something to your liking.

| Coreldraw X6 | Cinema 4D R15 Prime | Lightwave 3D 11.6 | Moi 3D |

Google +

Old 08-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #22
Murbella7
portfolio
Australia

Question To 3D or Not 3D, but will it, that's the question.

I have been running a Dell 2707WFP for a few years now, principally for Photoshop image editing (I am a photographer) and have been extremely happy with it. I have never had an issue with pixel density and in fact never thought about it until I started reading references to screen dot pitch here. It has never been an issue, even when I magnify images to 300%, because image pixels start to show before the screen dots do.

I am about to try editing my 3D stills and movies from my Fuji W2 camera and while I have software, hardware is an issue. I am in the market for a new screen, one that will allow me to display and edit 3D images and video. I have been browsing for ages and still have no idea what I should buy or if my preferred choices (24/27" IPS) would support 3D, the data supplied is often confusing or misleading. I know there are cheaps TN screen (Asus) but the extremely narrow view angles don't appeal, I would prefer a IPS display but would accept a TFN.

The other issue is of course whether to go passive or active. Passive seems like it should be OK (I run active glasses in the theatre). I don't really care as long as it works and because it is for editing, not lounging back and viewing.

One of my PC's runs a Geforce 6200 but I am unsure if it supports 3D. My other workstation (main) is a HP with a Radeon card that doesn't support 3D, but the box has an i7 CPU and lots of RAM.

Can anyone offer advice please... will G-Force 6200 card support 3D and if not what do I buy and what monitor(s) (specifics please) should I be looking at.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #23
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread