making a skull in Zbrush and can use some help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

06 June 2014
making a skull in Zbrush and can use some help

im kind of new to zrbush im try to make a skull...
but i have some problem with the jaws.

so if anyone has any ideas about some good way to create the jaws that will be awsome

and of curse any notes or suggestions about the project at this current state will be Welcome

and this is my reference

06 June 2014
General Discussion is not the best forum to post this kind of question in. You would get a better response in a more appropriate forum. Better yet, I would post your question at ZBrush Central.

06 June 2014
so what will be the best forum in cg talk to for this kind of questions?

06 June 2014
Try posting in the WIP/Critique: 3D Stills, or the Pixologic ZBrush forum. I still recommend ZBrush Central. They have a great ZBrush community over there, and some excellent resources - including lots of tutorials, free matcaps, Ztools, and ZBrushes.

06 June 2014
This may also help you. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp...k4PXipD10OL88Kg

06 June 2014
well thanks for the suggestion, i alredy posted the question in Zbrush central
but still i like to maximize my options for answeres

and thanks for the taturial. looked like it might be usefull

06 June 2014
What webhead means is that we have our own zbrush forum here. general discussion is not meant for specific hardware questions.

Edit: Ah I messed up, the wip thread is here
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=43&t=1195541

Last edited by Kanga : 06 June 2014 at 07:30 AM.

06 June 2014
What problems are you having? To me, your sculpt looks to be progressing nicely already.

07 July 2014
Cool tips

I would do different depending on whether you are going to animate the skull or if you just would like t use it as a single object, if the jaw wont be animated you can go ahead and just sculpt it, if you are having problems with getting the right form use, clay build up and damian standard should do the trick, could be helpful to dynamesh as well. If the skull is going to talk(or have a moving jaw that is) just make it a new subtool and sculpt that as a different part, when you are going to uv map and such, just merge them together.

reply share thread