New Zbrush>Cinema 4D workflow tutorial

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
New Zbrush>Cinema 4D workflow tutorial

Hi all.

Last week I created a workflow video on using Zbrush as primary modelling app as I was learning dynamesh and Qremesher recently so i thought i would document my findings. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHtVOFn1i3o

Nqo

09 September 2012
Nice job, Biz!
I really thought the music went well with the presentation, too. Always fun to watch other people work.
Thanks!

09 September 2012
Thank. Great video.

C4D XL, ZBrush, Motion Builder

09 September 2012
Sure thing. I've started getting into the habit of screen capturing as I work on personal projects.

I fun making it.

Nqo

09 September 2012
Thanks for explaining and demonstrating the Qremesher. Nice model too.

MacOS Sierra (MBPRMid2012) / Windows 10, C4DR18, VRAY 1.9, XP3.5, Adobe CC 2017

10 October 2012
Thank you very much. I find I create way better models with the Zbrush tools than with Standard Polygon modeling tools.

Nqo

10 October 2012
well some of the best african sculptors are Zimbabwean so it pretty damn cool to see a Zim messing with digital sculpting....thanks for the tut btw.

Henry Moore

10 October 2012
Great tutorial , Thanks

10 October 2012
Thank you.

It is true that Zimbabwe is home if some if the best sculptors UN the world. There is inspiration everywhere I go !

Nqo

10 October 2012
Zbrush normal maps. and c4d

I see you used tangent normal map, after suffering many problems with the normal maps from zbrush I did some experamenting. Created every type of normal map and took into c4d, I first used tangent maps because somewhere it is written to use this type with c4d, now,my experaments showed best results with tangent OFF ,straight adaptive normal map with smooth uv ,snormal and flip r g and b, in c4d apply map as object insread of tangent, and flip B, Some experamenting will show what works best. Use one light on your object in viewport and move it around your model and watch how light effects model , Flipping different rgb,s yield different results! What ever works best for ya ! Hope this info Helps! DJ

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by Dalmo: I see you used tangent normal map, after suffering many problems with the normal maps from zbrush I did some experamenting. Created every type of normal map and took into c4d, I first used tangent maps because somewhere it is written to use this type with c4d, now,my experaments showed best results with tangent OFF ,straight adaptive normal map with smooth uv ,snormal and flip r g and b, in c4d apply map as object insread of tangent, and flip B, Some experamenting will show what works best. Use one light on your object in viewport and move it around your model and watch how light effects model , Flipping different rgb,s yield different results! What ever works best for ya ! Hope this info Helps! DJ

very useful info...thank you for sharing this

Henry Moore

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread