Why does the UK lack CG Animation Studios who produce full feature length CGI?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Why does the UK lack CG Animation Studios who produce full feature length CGI?

Since the early 70ís in the UK ALL industries have been blighted with lack of investment. One has to look at the fall of the great Steel industries in the UK to see that we English are going nowhere. In fact manufacturing in the UK has nose dived and now when one purchases a lamp holder or fridge or cooker (all once manufactured in the UK) are now made in China. Iím completely sick of it I absolutely hate the crap I buy in shops because itís all badly made etc... my mumís cooker (made in Britain) lasted over 40 years of use, the cooker I have just bought (cost £1200.00) I guess will last 5 years.

Media entertainment, film, animation, is the third market and has very little investment in the UK. Ardmans are on the brink of collapse due to lack of investment and all I can say is the UK will sink into a country that will be selling mortgages to the poor and hamburgers to the tourists.

Bye Bye UK

There was an excellent book called ďThe history of British CinemaĒ but itís not in print any more. It was a very depressing read about how the investors got nowhere and how the Americans dominated the silver screen.

R.I.P. BRITISH ANIMATION (It never existed, itís a big myth, no such thing as there was never an animation industry in the UK, and if it does exist can you please tell me where it is?).

Thread Closed share thread