General Scale Question

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
General Scale Question

Is there any benefit to working at real world scale in c4d? And does choice of renderer affect whether it's good practice to work to real world scales?

1 Week Ago
Working in real world scale is a good idea in general. There is a limited numerical precision. If you were to work in mm or smaller but start modeling vast landscapes it can and will happen that object or point positions are not stored precise enough anymore. This can lead to overlapping, rendererrors etc.
The other way around is problematic as well, using km as a base unit and then working in mm or less will cause you modeling and rendering problems.

1 Week Ago
I'm modelling a bottle for a product render, and the bottle is 320mm high. I'm finding when I zoom into details, bits of the model are getting cut off etc. Do I also need to set my project scale to mm?

1 Week Ago
Command/CTRL - D for Project Settings
"Project Settings" Tab
View Clipping - Small or Tiny... Done!!!

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by mitchino: I'm modelling a bottle for a product render, and the bottle is 320mm high. I'm finding when I zoom into details, bits of the model are getting cut off etc. Do I also need to set my project scale to mm?
The two are independent and the viewport is even more restrictive.

1 Week Ago
Thanks all viewport sorted

reply share thread