In major need of character help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Exclamation In major need of character help

Hi im new to character modeling in maya ,i have made a model consiting of all difrent polygons insted and i watched a few videos on how to add bones etc but when i go to move like an arm or leg etc part of my model goes wonky like it will look as tho i have slected the scale tool also it will strench another part of the body 2 . i have no idea how to sort this so if anyone can help it would be amazing

Old 06 June 2013   #2
It means your bindings (weights) are in need of work (assuming you skinned the character).
It's fairly basic stuff but plenty of it, and it'd be a longer discussion than forums really warrant. You should look up some tutorials on skinning, adjusting skin weights, component editor and so on.
Digital Tutors has plenty Maya beginner tutorials if you can fork out the 50 bucks for a month, otherwise youtube has plenty freebies, but you'll have to dig them out yourself.

Old 06 June 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread