R.i.p., Xsi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

03 March 2018
R.i.p., Xsi

Hiya.

Well...I guess that's that. I had a vbs error (primitives) when I tried to fire up XSI the other day. It's the educational version for 2015. Tried to reinstall and...greyed out. Looking at my Autodesk Account, I see I can install Maya and MAX...but XSI is gone. Searching the AD site and XSI doesn't show up anywhere anymore. I'm seriously bummed! :( I've been using Modo mostly for the last year or so, and still trying to grapple with Blender and Maya...but I could always fire up my educational version of XSI2015 if I wanted to feel like I could actually do something in 3d other than make a box with some extruded bits (basically, XSI was my "ego massager and empathetic shoulder").

I feel like crying. :( ...uh... so... anyone know where I can buy a copy of XSI 2015?

Paul L. Ming

04 April 2018
its astonishing how many people still use Softimage since EOL.
I still use it 100% on all my works and will keep using it forever till it runs on any machine i have
sadly for you i dont think you can buy it anymore, maybe it'll get installed when you buy max or maya, have no clue.

good luck

04 April 2018
I still have a few XSI discs boxes from 2007-2010 era. Xsi 5.11 is my oldest set.

04 April 2018
Hiya!

Yeah...I still don't know why AD doesn't just sell XSI "As Is...", where all the onus is on the customer (e.g., I give them money, they give me a licence...everything after that is up to me). I don't need support, refunds, updates, etc. Just let me buy the damn program! >:( Oh...wait. I thought of why. Because it would compete with Maya...STILL! I'm still ticked that AD killed it. If I ever win a hundred million dollars I'm gonna try and buy XSI. LOL!

I did find ONE site...but it's, hmm..."iffy"? Here:http://www.pcm.com/p/Autodesk-Graph...09~pdp.jahiife I got an email back after I emailed to make sure that it was LEGAL and that AD WOULD STILL AUTHORIZE IT. I told them I'd fork over my $4k right now. I got an email back that was nothing more than "Great! Call us and we can get you a better deal on multiple copies!"...with absolutely zero answers to my two Q's. I'm gonna email them back again...just to see. I'm also going to email AD, but I figure they'll just give me a stock "We don't support XSI. Here, buy Maya in stead!" (For the hundredth time, I don't f'ing WANT Maya!)

Now I'm depressed. Great. Time for a T3 with a Vodka chasser I think...

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Paul L. Ming

reply share thread