Starship Titanic Restaurant

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Starship Titanic Restaurant

Hi,

I am hoping someone gives me some feedback on this scene. It is a restaurant from the game Starship Titanic. (see it here)

p.s. I don`t mind harsh critique.

Thank you,

Jon

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Hey man,

Are you going for a realistic look, or are you trying to recreate the look from the video game?

Either way, I would swap out the Hubble image for something that's just visible light. That image is a composite of wavelengths that are beyond what the human eye can detect. Images like that also take several days of exposure to make.

-AJ

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Hi AJ,

Yes I am now trying to make it as realistic as possible.

I am using vray, so photorealism is achievable. But I have just started making 3d graphics, so this image is a billion light years away from realism, as my knowledge is very limited.

(Open image in new tab to make them bigger)

p.s. dome light is still the same old blue image. I just swapped the background in photoshop. I will render when more corrections are done.

thanks

Last edited by Echoes2331 : 03 March 2013 at 09:20 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Pictures of your progress might help, coz right noe they're not showing.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numptus1
Pictures of your progress might help, coz right noe they're not showing.

Do you mean early renderings?

If not, this is as far as I could make it. I cannot make it any better. (less worse)

Old 03 March 2013   #6
What I mean is there are NO pictures in this thread whatsoever, being a WIP I expect to see your progress, all I'm seeing is words.

Old 03 March 2013   #7
Quote:
What I mean is there are NO pictures in this thread whatsoever, being a WIP I expect to see your progress, all I'm seeing is words.

Check your browser and firewall. The images are showing up for me just fine.

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Nope, nothing wrong, it only happens on this forum and in the WIP section and has been happening more and more and only seems to get resolved when the mods fix something in the thread.

Pretty certain it has something to do with where the images are hosted.

Old 03 March 2013   #9
Quote:
Nope, nothing wrong, it only happens on this forum and in the WIP section and has been happening more and more and only seems to get resolved when the mods fix something in the thread.

Pretty certain it has something to do with where the images are hosted.

He's using Imggur. Everybody uses that, but depending on where you're browsing, it may be intentionally blocked either by your provider, or if it's at work, your company.

Download Tor.

Back to the WIP:

In my opinion, while AJ1 is right about the original background image, it simply looked better. Star Trek and other space related media take liberty with this sort of thing, and since it's art, you should be able to as well.

I would make one suggestion though - to challenge yourself, I recommend you try to make the background yourself. Learn how to render your own nebulas and starry backgrounds. If your goal is to improve, this will help you make that kind of progress.

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread