Bugatti Veyron (First Project)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Bugatti Veyron (First Project)

I'm an ex-blender user, switching to Max and this is my first project, a bugatti veyron. I am very new so bear with me here. I know it's a screencap, not a render because I haven't really gotten to that part yet. I'm starting to notice several problems on the model. I know I have too many loops as someone pointed out on another forum, but it's too late to fix that (right?) Several spots such as the front wheel well seem slightly off. Also the air intakes on the top dip down some. The scoop shape looks strange with NURBS or MeshSmooth on it. These smoothing processes are a pain in many places where I'd rather sharper angles. I'd also like to add thickness or an illusion of thickness to this model, especially for the edges of the wheel well and so on. Is it best to just extrude the edges somewhat or to add a shell modifier? My main problems are 1) the strange geometry in some spots, 2) smoothing the model, and 3) adding thickness. Sorry for the poor formatting and grammar, but it's late and I'm stressed. This was a last minute upload for help. Keep in mind I'm a HS student, and I'm self taught from internet resources. I have max on a student license for anyone who may doubt me. Again, I apologize for the lack of full render, but that's all I have at the moment. Tips are greatly appreciated.
Higher-Res Image here.http://imgur.com/AK5pifv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (64.2 KB, 39 views)

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread