animation reel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
animation reel

hi everyone, i completed animation course this year and would like to share my reel here, it's not great but hopefully i know I am learning something

current reel 2012

old reel 2010

Last edited by chien : 10 October 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #2
I am not a professional but it looks good so far!

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Thumbs up Hm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytimw52
I am not a professional but it looks good so far!

I was on the end of posting my reel on the boards, for people will not give one the truth.

You have the understanding of animation, but your poses just freezes. Seems like it's on linear or stepped.

Your almost there, but you definitely need a lot of work. If you can afford it I would take two workshops 4,000 in total Basic body mechanics and advanced Body Mechanics: http://ianimate.net/

I'm broke as shit, but saved up and invested in my future. I'm far from being the best student, or animator, for I have shots on my reel that needs tons of work. =[

Animation is constant learning. Keep grinding!!

MY REEL

Old 10 October 2012   #4
I am still taking animation course , so for me this is greaat.. i think by practice you will improve
its a good start .. Go on :

Old 10 October 2012   #5
Hello, excellent foundation of work so far though there is much more refinement to excel. Look into fundamentals of animation and apply them to the most minute details of you work, I strongly recommend reading through "The Animators Survival Kit" if you don't already own it. Many keyframes are all bound together at the same frames creating a joined "burst" of movement by all animated assets that stop at the same time. This feels very unnatural and synthetic losing your feeling of life that you wish to convey. Break up keyframes for different parts to create overlapping movement and a more organic feel. In regards to the freezing of movement previously mentioned look into what is called moving holds, create idle movement even if minute to keep the character flowing as though real. Rarely if ever would any of us completely pause still in real life, even in sleep we raise our stomach and move subtly.

Here is a useful reference to further understand moving holds, look at his videos of before and after to see how little the detail can be yet such a big difference overall is made:

http://www.keithlango.com/tutorials.../movingHold.htm

Best of luck in your progress and be sure to keep us posted on your progress to further improve your work and our own.

Old 11 November 2012   #6
bboyambros : thanks for your information on ianimate, yah some of their stuffs looking good

khaled10: hehe thanks

Andrewty07: hm thank you for your feedback, yes I have the book, i wil look back at it again and thanks for sharing on moving holds also

thanks everyone for feedback will share reel again at future XD

Old 11 November 2012   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread