Auto scroll object manager to selected object

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
Auto scroll object manager to selected object

Is there a way, or a plugin that would make ones life easier when dealing with dozens and dozens of objects like in this gif I made?

https://imgur.com/a/KubDjZh

2 Weeks Ago
Object manger > View > Scroll to first active

-Shane

2 Weeks Ago
by default its bound to the S key, but i agree that does seem like it would be a handy function.

2 Weeks Ago
Thanks guys I'll experiment with these tips. My 'S' key currently focuses my active camera on a selected object.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Rikof: Thanks guys I'll experiment with these tips. My 'S' key currently focuses my active camera on a selected object.

@Rikof,
The default 'S' shortcut key will scroll to the selected object, when the cursor is over the Object Manager. If cursor is over the view port it will focus the active camera on the selected object.

In the meantime, I have created a little Python plugin that does the "scroll to selected object" in the Object Manager when an object is selected in the view port.
The only drawback is that there is no on/off mode. With the plugin installed it will always scroll the Object Manager.

Not sure I can upload a zip file here, I'll e-mail it to you ...

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by C4DS: @Rikof,
The default 'S' shortcut key will scroll to the selected object, when the cursor is over the Object Manager. If cursor is over the view port it will focus the active camera on the selected object.

In the meantime, I have created a little Python plugin that does the "scroll to selected object" in the Object Manager when an object is selected in the view port.
The only drawback is that there is no on/off mode. With the plugin installed it will always scroll the Object Manager.

Not sure I can upload a zip file here, I'll e-mail it to you ...
There is so much I still am not aware of when it comes to cinema 4D and shortcuts...

But hey as mailed, this is FANTASTIC!
It wasn't my intention to put people at work but this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you, thank you!

2 Weeks Ago
For the rest of the members that didn't get the file. Here's my own plugin version of it you can try out.
Since it requires you to hold down the F10 key before selecting the object in the view. You don't need to worry about turning it on/off.

Reminder: This is a plugin...not a script.
Save the code in a text file. Then name it something like: "ScrollToActive.pyp"
Then put it in your plugins folder.
import c4d
from c4d import plugins

PLUGIN_ID = 1000001 #<--test ID ONLY!!!

class MyMessagePlugin(plugins.MessageData):

def CoreMessage(self, id, bc): 

#If the user holds the F-10 key down and then selects an object in the scene
 #The Scroll to First Active command is executed

if c4d.gui.GetInputState(c4d.BFM_INPUT_KEYBOARD, c4d.KEY_F10, bc):
 if bc[c4d.BFM_INPUT_VALUE] == c4d.IDC_OK:

doc = c4d.documents.GetActiveDocument()
 if not doc: return False

obj = doc.GetActiveObject()
 if not obj: return False 

if obj.GetBit(c4d.BIT_ACTIVE): 
 c4d.CallCommand(100004769) #Scroll to First Active 

return True

if __name__ == "__main__":
 plugins.RegisterMessagePlugin(PLUGIN_ID, "Scroll To Active", 0, MyMessagePlugin())

-ScottA

1 Week Ago
I was busy with another plugin, but have now finalized my Scroll2Object by adding a custom toggle "Auto Scroll" entry in the Object Managers' menu (next to the "Scroll to First Active").

By default the feature is on, but can thus be disengaged via the menu entry.

Since I don't seem to find an option to upload a zip file, I have provided the plugin at the C4DCafe
https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/...-scroll2object/

reply share thread