Hair Objects "Cut?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
Hair Objects "Cut?

Hi!
When I use hair tools "cut" I do not get to the root away. How to remove everything.? Thanks for the help.!

Old 06 June 2013   #2
Originally Posted by charlie31: Hi!
When I use hair tools "cut" I do not get to the root away. How to remove everything.? Thanks for the help.!
The only way to remove a 'Guide' is to select and remove it with the hair delete comand. This however doesn't remove the hairs in that place. If you don't want hair to grow in a specific place use bitmaps in the thickness, scale, density and length channels of the hair shader, in a combination to your liking.

Old 06 June 2013   #3
remove the hair guide!

go to root mode select the the root of the hair you want to delete, delete!

Old 06 June 2013   #4
Originally Posted by bunk: The only way to remove a 'Guide' is to select and remove it with the hair delete comand. This however doesn't remove the hairs in that place. If you don't want hair to grow in a specific place use bitmaps in the thickness, scale, density and length channels of the hair shader, in a combination to your liking.

find no place with hair delete comand.

Old 06 June 2013   #5
Originally Posted by Dalmo: go to root mode select the the root of the hair you want to delete, delete!

Went nice to delete in perspective with roots in hair mode, if that was what you meant, but it is still visible in render what has been deleted.

Old 06 June 2013   #6
go to the hair tab of hair object and enable "Restrict To Guides" and "Distance" to 0

Last edited by dataflow : 06 June 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Old 06 June 2013   #7
Originally Posted by dataflow: go to the hair tab of hair object and enable "Restrict To Guides" and "Distance" to 0

Thanks, this is a great tip, though when I tried it it didn't work with the distance set to "0" (it reverted to the result that I got with "restrict to guides" deselected); I left it at the default and it worked fine... Maybe it is dependant n the scene scale...

Nick

Old 06 June 2013   #8
Originally Posted by charlie31: find no place with hair delete comand.

In my version of Cinema it's Simulate=>Hair Edit=>Delete Guides.
In yours it should be something similar.

Old 06 June 2013   #9
same here, tried with customs in roots, worked then but it is wrong in principle. It went to use the Delete Guides in perspective, but there are still points (roots) again, when you render. To use the Delete Guides must be noted with exclusive live selection in Hair Selection. Thanks for the help.!

Old 06 June 2013   #10
Originally Posted by NWoolridge: Thanks, this is a great tip, though when I tried it it didn't work with the distance set to "0" (it reverted to the result that I got with "restrict to guides" deselected); I left it at the default and it worked fine... Maybe it is dependant n the scene scale...

Nick

same here.

Old 06 June 2013   #11
It worked! in Hair Mode "to" Root "
"Hair Edit" and "Hairs To Guide"

Nice Thanks!

Old 06 June 2013   #12
Originally Posted by charlie31: It worked! in Hair Mode "to" Root "
"Hair Edit" and "Hairs To Guide"

Nice Thanks!

that option just enables "As Guides" in the hair object "Hairs" tab.
which means your hair count will only be what you can see in the viewport.

Old 06 June 2013   #13
Originally Posted by dataflow: that option just enables "As Guides" in the hair object "Hairs" tab.
which means your hair count will only be what you can see in the viewport.

it is right there.

Old 06 June 2013   #14
I guess you found the delete key on your keyboard!

I normally work with clones, my work flow would, take clones from say 33 to 0, select guide or root and delete, taking clone value back to 33 refreshes hair, no guide and no clones! Hair is so much fun, ha ha!

Old 06 June 2013   #15
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread