WATCHDOGS - E3 2013 Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #16
Originally Posted by Laa-Yosh: It's Digic, and it's all CG

Congrats on the trailer!

The environment looked great! I didn't recognize any specific street corners, but it really did look like downtown Chicago. The street mediums, lamps, and architecture styling were spot on. Did you guys model the scenes for the opening shots off any specific intersections, or where they mash ups designed to fit the storyboards?

-AJ

Old 06 June 2013   #17
Alright so the next gen graphics are better then I thought http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaRSuyQ7zA

Old 06 June 2013   #18
No one can do 20-24 minute episodes per week. Usually it takes about three months to do an episode, with different teams on staggered schedules to get things out each week. If, however, the series is short, like 10-13 episodes, then they might just do the whole thing, finish it and then release one each week.

If Axis had five more teams of 100 people, they could have done a 13 episode series in that year!
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 06 June 2013   #19
Originally Posted by Lars3D: Alright so the next gen graphics are better then I thought http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaRSuyQ7zA

Looks excellent. I know a lot of "fancy" gamers don't care about graphics and are fine with minecraft but I like the nice-looking stuff (Crysis 2 is still my standout on this gen) and if they can find a way to let me play my huge PS3 library I'll jump in at $400.

Old 06 June 2013   #20
Originally Posted by Lars3D: Alright so the next gen graphics are better then I thought http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaRSuyQ7zA

Im gonna be one of 'those' people...but as impressive as the game looks, its another military shooter in a devastated American city.
You would think that Ubisoft learned from Assassins Creed-change the setting, and add in new gameplay elements if you really want a hit that can spawn a franchise.

Im a big fan of Feng Zhu, and he recently posted 2 final projects from his students:

http://fengzhudesign.blogspot.com/2...t-spyridon.html

http://fengzhudesign.blogspot.com/2...lex-jessup.html

Personally, either of these worlds, with the level of artistry and care put into The Division, would be grounds for a smash hit.

But no...we need more messed up New York, and realistic guns.

Old 06 June 2013   #21
I have to admit, it's not something I would want to play, speaking of The Division, but it really is amazing. I, personally, have had enough of shooters. I wish that kind of environment could be used on an idea similar to what this Playstation game Rain looks like. Even better would be some kind of innovative concept like ICO but with the quality of The Division.

Still, the Metal Gear V stuff looks even more impressive as military type games go. I really thought it was pre rendered until they seamlessly went right into gameplay.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 06 June 2013   #22
Wink

This is real amazing and definite work! I like it

Old 06 June 2013   #23
Video got deleted... ? Anyone have a mirror?

Old 06 June 2013   #24
Originally Posted by Charkins: Video got deleted... ? Anyone have a mirror?

Old 06 June 2013   #25
Originally Posted by Laa-Yosh: You shouldn't ask us for more, longer movies, but those who could finance it.

Although 20-25 minutes per week is terrifying, Axis had a hundred people on Spartan Ops and they needed about a year for those 45 minutes or so. And don't forget to include them in the arms race

Also, second AC4 trailer link coming as soon as it's uploaded officially, in HD.

I hope Blackbeard eventually reveals a lighter and funnier side this time. :P

Old 06 June 2013   #26
Originally Posted by teruchan: No one can do 20-24 minute episodes per week. Usually it takes about three months to do an episode, with different teams on staggered schedules to get things out each week. If, however, the series is short, like 10-13 episodes, then they might just do the whole thing, finish it and then release one each week.

If Axis had five more teams of 100 people, they could have done a 13 episode series in that year!

3 months an episode is, I think, roughly the amount of time used for the series "Archer"... which is of course a far cry from "Watchdogs: Exposed".

I think though if Digic and Axis kind of pooled together their library of assets.. and basically determined they wouldn't make any new ones and just animate with existing.. it is more feasible.

Tamas is right though, they'd need to be approached by a crazed visionary with money-in-tow. I know people here usually don't like Producers and Financiers, but occasionally those are the people who make things like this happen.

Old 06 June 2013   #27
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread