Winged Beast, Joshua Been (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Winged Beast, Joshua Been (2D)

Title: Winged Beast
Name: Joshua Been
Software: Photoshop

This is a character I've had rolling around in my head now for a while. I painted it in photoshop paying close attention to edges. I am going for a realistic look without being photo real meaning I am not concerned with rendering out everything with perfect edges, more while looking at the focal point or payoff how woule the subordinate parts look in my peripheral vision if I were really looking at this. Then also leading you around the image with a few lost, found, sharp and blurry edges as well. Please let me know what you think.

Old 10 October 2004   #2
Thumbs up

looking great, very natural lighting.
I'd still like to see the rendering pushed out a little further in the creatures face.

Old 10 October 2004   #3
I like this picture. The stone structure is really a great idea a the creature seems .... hmm... natural ! like you could meet one in the real life. ( I hope not lol ) I really like your work. Maybe a little more details ... or..no.. I like it

Old 10 October 2004   #4
Thanks a lot folks. Something that's bugging me now that I'm looking at it fresh again, is his(assuming it's a he) right foot, the toes are all sort of looking the same one right after the other. I need to vary them up a bit. Thanks on the comments about the rock structure, I love painting that sandstoney rock formation stuff, and calculating where the shadows would fall under direct lighting.

Old 10 October 2004   #5
Here's a closeup of the high res face.

Old 10 October 2004   #6
nice sabre tooth bat. the only crit i have is that unless he is omniverous, that he shouldnt have flat front teeth, they should be pointy.

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread