16 year old's 3D SketchBook

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
MP5-Critique Please

EDIT: Ignore the title of this thread please, It's more beneficial to make separate threads for different projects!

So please focus and critique this MP5, thanks!

The image might be a little too contrasty, but it should be because of my monitor and not my grading skills.. grr, I can't calibrate this monitor correctly!
And the stand needs one more sub-division.
I might re-render this at full hd with some corrections!

High-Resolution

And here are some wireframes of the model:

Keep in mind these are all learners projects, any critique is very appreciated!

Last edited by DanDindarov : 07 July 2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Forgot The H-Res Version of the MP5

Old 07 July 2013   #2
It looks good, technique-wise. Having looked at photographs of the real MP5 I think you could try to improve on the accuracy of this model. For example, the tube with the slide at the top of the gun is straight, yet on your model there is a kink. There are also some hard bevels that are missing on yours. These shouldn't be difficult to fix.

Old 07 July 2013   #3
Huh... could you be more specific about the hard bevels?

I didn't follow a specific type, as my reference I had a few different types, I kinda changed a few features on the gun, the stock is from another version, I wasn't really asking for critiques on the model but more on the render...because I wanted to create my mp5, not a replica, but if it's something that you think could really improve the look of it, I will surely take a deeper look at it !

Old 07 July 2013   #4
You said "any" critique. Sorry. I'll leave you to it.

Old 07 July 2013   #5
Well... yes I did, I just forgot to tell that it wasn't a replica, but a customized weapon, bigger mistake than I thought.
Please do tell me where are those hard bevels that you saw, I might like them better that way
Thank you for the critique!

Old 07 July 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread