HMC #36 - Hollywood Dream Machines: Nemo's Nautilus Car

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
HMC #36 - Hollywood Dream Machines: Nemo's Nautilus Car

I am a bit late to this but I decided to join in by building Captain Nemo's car from The League of Extraordinary Gentleman. It was built custom for the film using a Land Rover chassis and features decorative silver fittings inside and out. I am having some trouble finding the exact proportions for the car but Prop Store lists it at 22 ft. long and 9 ft. wide while the model version equals around 7.5 ft. wide.

I have found a bunch of reference pictures for the car, mostly from the model version, that will help. The first two projects I did on my own were cars but all the decorations on this have me a bit worried. Should be a nice challenge for me though.

Last edited by Darrolm : 11 November 2012 at 07:29 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #2
This car is a work of art. Good luck.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 11 November 2012   #3
The front will be sculpt like hell! good luck, I will definitivly follow our threat

Old 11 November 2012   #4
I almost did this one before deciding on the hydra coupe, good choice! Cant wait to see the sculpt!

Old 11 November 2012   #5
I had a bit of a slow start because of CTNX this past weekend. I had a couple models that I wanted to get done to show off before moving on. With that said, I have spent the better part of the evening getting the model to this point. I was originally going keep the body a solid piece but it wasn't working out with the shape so I sliced it up a bit.

Old 11 November 2012   #6
Looks like your off to a good start, I would just be weary of poly count, your mesh is looking a little dense for being so early in the modeling process. Moving too many verts to follow contours can be a killer

Old 12 December 2012   #7
Things started to get busy so I haven't been able to make that much more progress. I did cut back on the polycount a bit before moving on.

Old 12 December 2012   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread