Election Battle, Jojin Kang (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Election Battle, Jojin Kang (2D)

Title: Election Battle
Name: Jojin Kang
Software: Photoshop

Hi guys I did this as practice and was also hoping to get a run in the Sydney morning Hearld.. but it doesnt look like it will anymore due to ridiculous complications. I hate politics anyway.. haha

If it gets a run i will work on it some more..

comments welcome.

Old 10 October 2004   #2
hey man pissa,

why wouldn't they publish?
good work

Old 10 October 2004   #3
Nice work! but i think that the heads looks a little trimmed.

Old 10 October 2004   #4
Hey thanks guys, It didn't get published because of office politics.. I am employed as a information graphics artist apparently, not as an illustrator/caricaturist.. I did get Brad Fittler published on page 1 of sport before they put a stop to it.. but thats what started all this rubbish...

anyway I will be looking for more illustration work on the freelance side I think... hmm.

I think the heads look trimmed I think because the lighting isn't consistent... I kind of dropped this 1 when it got axed. I might finish it later anyway.

Thanks guys!

Old 10 October 2004   #5
hehehe...at least as a fellow aussie I can appreciate it, even if the rest of the world hasn't a clue who these two are. I think latham's chin isn't that exaggerated though. Maybe you need to sell these to papers other than the SMH..?

cheers

Sean

Old 10 October 2004   #6
lol! your probably right Sean, even with all the advanced media coverage it's all down to public interest I guess. If I sold this to any other paper then I will lose my job. MATP has expressed interest already but I can't sell it to them due to conflict of interest.

hmm.. maybe I'll just draw busty blondes as practice next time! oh wait.. maybe a brunett??

hehe

Old 10 October 2004   #7
Hehe, I have no knowledge of Aussie politicians.. But it's weird, the guy on the right looks like a Bush with glasses and less hair, and the one on the left reminds me of Michael Moore. =)

Old 10 October 2004   #8
looks great, I think you need a background, maybe fire expressing the tension between the two.

Old 10 October 2004   #9
Great!!

Wow this is really a great piece!! I can see small things were you might not of been finished, pity about the conflict stopping this one from print. I really love the dirty yellow teeth on howard, almost like a rodents teeth! haha, a pity the election turned out to be not so much of an arm wrestle huh! oh well politics aside I really like the detail you put into this, right down to the distorion cause by Howards glasses! I remeber the fitler you did, look forward to seeing more of your sweet caricature work in the future! (as a bonus I know the subjects, go 'straya!)

Old 10 October 2004   #10
Thanks MatiasJ, I have done quite a few more since this 1, about 1 every 3-4 days.. but didn't want to flood the forum too much with my practice pieces so I decided to wait till I do something i'm quite proud of.. thanks 4 ur interest!

I see your into game art! any idea how I can get into it?? I reckon I would love to do some Blizzard art type of illustrations.. got any requests?? I'll try anything at the moment!

hehe

Old 01 January 2006   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread