And so it begins....

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Weeks Ago
And so it begins....

Just had a new beta version of LWCAD,  and among the various features and bug fixes it says 'updated to support Cinema 4D R20'.

4 Weeks Ago
LWCAD seems from an outsider to work a bit like the excelent Sketchup, if you tested both, can you confirm ?

4 Weeks Ago
I only used Sketchup years ago, and then only briefly. LWCAD is a suite of tools, rather than an integrated app. But there's a trial version you can download and use.

4 Weeks Ago
Thanks , i forgot about the trial.

4 Weeks Ago
I saw only R17 in lwcad_c4d\Cinema4D\Plugin from 2018.05 c4d BETA

where are r20 sources for lwcad?

4 Weeks Ago
It's in the manual…

New Features:

Compatibility upgrade
Updated to support 3dsMax 2019
Updated to support Cinema 4D R20

Viewport dimensions
Dimensions of parametric objects and tools are displayed directly in the viewport.
Support for SI and English units
Can be enabled-disabled for each object or tool separately

etc...

4 Weeks Ago
Although I've worked exclusively w/ C4D in arch-vis for about 10 year I've, somehow, never heard of this plugin.  Going to the product webpage didn't exactly give me a better understanding of what this plugin can do...  is this worth my time?  why isn't there a readily available feature list???

4 Weeks Ago
If you go to the website and click on Online Help, you can look at the manuals and there are video overviews of the various tools. Or go to YouTube and search for LWCAD – there are lots of videos there. And there's this thing callled Google...

4 Weeks Ago
If you were a LightWave  user you would have seen it. Very useful modeling tool that started I think as a CAD add on to LW. Over time Vicktor listened to users and increased the archviz tools. It has been a stable program and updates.

I am glad to see him (or others working with him) to export LWCAD to C4D. 

Here is a link to LWCAD website (LWCAD&#65279 or (http://www.lwcad.com/html/main/new.php) .

reply share thread