Archangel, Matt Hubel (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Archangel, Matt Hubel (2D)

Title: Archangel
Name: Matt Hubel
Software: Photoshop
Submitted: 28th February 2013

Printed in ImagineFx 97

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Great work, I really love the high tech design, I always find it funny
when female character have to show thier butts,
It reminds me of this image

Old 03 March 2013   #3
I really like the way you pulled off the glow on the arrow and the details on the suit. Well done.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Thumbs up

Cool look. I like the sci-fi style, especially in the boot design. Her bow reminds me of the bow used in the old cartoon "Dungeons and Dragons" (with the glowing magic string and arrows). I like the flow of her hair (nice highlights). Her facial expression is a little bland, but that seems to be in part due to the lighting on the face (her nose is washed out the right side, and the lips are lightened and there's no cheek crease to help accentuate her expression). Also, her wings are probably the weakest part of her (they're kind of generically shaped and there's no foundational form or structure to make them feel believable; much too curved). Other than that, I do like how she turned out. Her costume design and dynamic pose are really well done, and I like the reddish-purple color scheme for the swirled, cloudy background (works well). Keep it up. Nice work.

By the way, ecas, why does black widow of the Avengers have the weakess ass compared to the male characters?

Old 03 March 2013   #5
@linainverse23
I have no idea, it's not my image, I just think it's funny when female heroes have
to show their butts when doing a pose

Old 03 March 2013   #6
@CGFelker27 Thanks for the feedback! I really like your work.

@linainverse23 Yea, I agree with most of that feedback. Female faces are tough, I don't like to add to much detail because they start to look manly.

@ecas haha That pic is awesome. Its just waaay more fun to paint when they're hot.

Old 03 March 2013   #7
Thumbs up

Cool work

My Blog

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread