Passiv Rigid Body Problems

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Passiv Rigid Body Problems

Hi guys, after modeling the heart and finally solving it, I now had an Idea for a little scene. But I have a strange passiv rigid body problem.

I apply it to the heart, but the heart is "jumping". I tried to set it to 0 0 0, one time it jumped right when the ball hit it, but now it seems to work. its only that mesh. Please look yourself.

Video here

Would apprecciate every kind of help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Edit:
It doesn't happen with standart objects like a plane.
Edit: Also, when I add gravity to multiple obejcts which shall hit that heart, die multiple obejcts doesn't fall... Are Maya dynamics really that buggy or is it just me=

Last edited by de3p : 06 June 2013 at 11:06 PM.

06 June 2013
Hello guys,

i modeled everything from scrach again, still the same problem

Video is here

I really go crazy on that piece of software... Need to finish this in two days.. But instead of making something, I try all the day to resolve problemes... Its really not that of a big or special scene, its simple as hell. Still in nearly every move a new problem appears...

Would really apprecciate any help.

Normally this is a 2 hour project, i am sitting in front of this for three days now...

Regards

Edit:
This also happens on a different heart I modeled some time before. It has a complety different mesh.

Edit2:
Ridiculous, it only seems to happen with heart shapes. lol. even imported a character ive done some mothes ago and other stuff. nowhere this "bug" or whatever it is". doesn't maya like love or what? But how can that be? as i modeld the heart many times now, different meshes etc. set normals to face, cleanedup on so on...

Last edited by de3p : 06 June 2013 at 06:45 PM.

06 June 2013
Sorry for another post in this thread, but i found out something. On that heart (not on another mesh), it seems to happen after scaling. When i scale to +Z then apply a passiv rigid body, the heart moves to -Z, when scaling +Y it moves to -Y. The more I scale it, the more it moves after rigid body.

But I doubt I'll get an answere here. Wanted to have it ready today. :/

Thanks anyway.

Edit:
Well, never mind, it worked when i freezed transformations before applying the passive rigid body...

Last edited by de3p : 06 June 2013 at 03:07 AM.

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread