Snatch, Marek Okon (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2011
Great use of light, dark and color

04 April 2012
Wow. You are definitely one talented artist!

The image is rich in both details and mood. I especially think you did a tremendous job to the background and mid ground elements.

The haze and glow of that sunset worked extremely well with the 3 mid ground characters, and it drew me into the scene.

The foreground characters also are very nicely designed. The creases on the girl's gown looks JUST AMAZING!

If I were to find something to pick on (I know~the "downer" meat part of the whole sandwich formula lol)....I think I would've punched up the 2 foreground characters somewhat more.

I'm guessing you're trying to be careful with the lighting, so I'm guessing there's fear in making foreground people look too "artificial" if you add more contrast on them. This can be a tough call.

The challenge is, your beautifully rendered characters at right seems a bit dim, a bit as if they're under a weak fluorescent light at a dingy room.

So perhaps...punch up these 2 characters VERY SPARSELY. In fact, I think just by adding a little bit of specular highlights on their face might just do the trick!

Overall, a really nicely done painting! I consider myself a good digital painter and honestly, I think you'd outshine me in many respects! Hopefully I made some useful observations without being a prick. WELL DONE!!

09 September 2012
Really great piece of work n great detailing.....congrats Marek

12 December 2012
This is breathtaking, amazing work

07 July 2013
This really is beautiful and I love Mass Effect, I'm actually and finally playing Mass Effect 3 right now. Some how I've been able to wait this long and know nothing about what's going to happen . Anyway, I red that you used a few refs. to create this. I'm curious, see I'm very much a novice to the concept design and illustrations. I'm currently practicing rendering people and doing studies of plants and textures and what not. But I haven't hard time wrapping my head around concept painting. What's a good starting point?! If you don't mind me asking.

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread