CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVI - Grand Space Opera - 2D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 03-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #211
walrus
I used too many monkeys

portfolio
Michael Dashow
Art Director / Illustrator
Oakland, USA

You didn't make it in either?!? I haven't seen the preview pages yet, but I knew I didn't because when it was announced I hadn't heard anything about it. I'm just as surprised about you! Ah well, Leo said the next one is going to be more character-orineted so I'm excited about that. Hope you had a good time at the GDC - it would have been fun to bump into you there!

Oh, and Cliff and Ninja - thanks for the kind words. Definately see both you in a couple of weeks for yet another one!

-mike

Old 03-15-2005, 01:14 AM   #212
cgkrusty
Know-it-All

portfolio
Ken Henderson
Freelance Illustrator / Concept Designer
Home Studio
Comox, Canada

Character driven eh? Sounds like Blackarts is set-up again... he's awesome though. Maybe Evil Gerbil, or one of us, will finally break through!

I never went to GDC, but had a bunch of friends in town for it.

They were supposed to announce the next Challenge today... wonder what the delay is?

Hope you're Wacom's polished and ready to go!

my GSO entry | my M&S entry | my PORTFOLIO |

Old 03-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #213
walrus
I used too many monkeys

portfolio
Michael Dashow
Art Director / Illustrator
Oakland, USA

Well, Darryl does tend towards character-driven pieces, but then, that's what I really like about his work. And it'll be great to see new stuff from Evil Gerbil, Lunatique, whole bunch of folks. There are a lot of people I only know from the GSO challenge so I've only seen their spaceship art. It'll be fun to see what everyone come s up with. And hey, you're no slouch in the character department either, I noticed a lot of nice pieces in your portfolio!

Guess we'll see what it is next week: In the last post I read - http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=218205 - Leo said the new announcement would be up next Monday, the 21st. I had been working on another painting, I hope I can finish it this week as I suspect that once the new challenge is announced I won't get any work done on it for months! :-)

Old 03-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #214
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread