Playblast Storage Problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Playblast Storage Problem

Hi guys,
this has been really bugging me lately. I've discovered that when I playblast a scene, which is quite frequently, my hard drive space gets eaten up significantly. I have enabled remove temporary files, and manually remove the files that are written to disk, yet still my storage gets eaten up.

Today I took my computer into Apple and had my disk reformatted (which of course made me reinstall Maya and all other apps). After playblasting ~100 frames, three GB of storage was destroyed!

Does anyone have an idea of where these files are (not in /var directory, already looked)? This is killing me, I'll hopefully be contacting Autodesk tomorrow via phone.

Best,
Colby

Old 07 July 2013   #2
you need to send the playblast somewhere. Its in the options. Dont go temp. You will be fine.
I know exactly what your talking about. I playblast a lot of hd lol those are some big files. When I set a directory, maya pops up a window saying do you want to overwrite existing playblast. Then I only store one. If I want to compare, I give it a new name.

Old 07 July 2013   #3
Hey, thanks a lot man ! I'm overriding the files, works like a charm!
It was very strange that it was sucking up all my storage, literally 100 GB! Those darn temp files I guess.

Colby

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread