3D Baronial Mansion - University Project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #16
Interior Update

Hello again. It's far from complete but I'm struggling a bit with the lighting. I'm using Physical Sun and Sky with photon emitting area lights but the lighting is just so bland and boring. I'm going to try and liven it up a bit but I'm not well versed in what settings to use and where. Here is a quick update though, about half way finished. Please rip it apart!

Old 12 December 2012   #17
Quick Update

I dunno if there is anyone left who cares, but I kinda need some help. I've added rounded the corners, and added dirt all over the place. I also took the time making some trees bushes etc and incorporated a Linear Workflow.

It's all coming along alright but I'm not sure what to do about the background. I don't really know what to add that will look good and keep the rendertimes as low as they are now (about 8 minutes) as it needs to be animated. I'm thinking just a textured hill with some paint low poly paint fx trees and a HDRI sky or using an emitter with 2d clouds.

Also how would I go about making grass? Is a displacement map more time efficient than fur or paintfx? I can just be short and unmoving. And I don't know where to start with the refractive window glass. I'm going to create some new curtains in Marvellous and decimate them in zBrush to go behind the windows. Oh, and I need to create some variation in the bushes.

Cool just a quick summary, hopefully someone can help. How to:-

- Create realistic grass preferably w/o fur
- Create bent reflections in windows
- Create a realistic background for this environment for an animated scene (what would you do?)

I have a subscription to DT and I'm willing to pay for just about any tutorial so if you don't have time then a wee point in the right direction would be just as good

Thank you all for your time

(Both the flag and the plants are animated)

Old 12 December 2012   #18
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread