Setting up a texture splatting network

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Setting up a texture splatting network

I'm trying to setup a node network for texture splatting in Maya so that the user can 3D paint on a 4 channel splatmap (ARGB) where each channel represents a different material.

Node network: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3368/crapd.jpg

I've connected the 3x outColor values and the outTransparency value on my splatmap file to each transparancy input on my 4 materials. I then connected the outColor of each of these 4 materials to each input color on the layered shader. (outColor -> inputs[0].color , and so on) together with the outTransparency of each of these 4 to each input transparency on the layered shader (outTransparency -> inputs[0].transparency).

But this doesn't seem to be the right way to do it because the texel density is seriously fucked up and everything is blurred - and changing the projection scale (Repeat UV) on each material fixes nothing (this is something I want to have, so that I can have different sized textures). Also, in HQ mode (viewport) everything is white, and magenta in Viewport 2.0

Terrain: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8048/crap2l.jpg

Also how do I setup the 3D painting so that it writes to an existing file (my splatmap) instead of a new file?

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Nvm
What you have to do is:
a) Switch to HQ mode
b) Go into HQ mode and up the texture size
c) Connect the color output of the layered shader to the input color of a new material and then assign this new material to your mesh

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread