So What..., Peter Sanitra (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2004   #76
Originally Posted by Darkone2652: Hey guys, what`s that talk about....?
Only the shirt is a photo!!
The head is Full 3d.
And it`s not front planar maping!
Lammaz

Although it is not front planar mapping, but it is photo, isn't it?

Old 11 November 2004   #77
Lets see this photo already! :)

Old 11 November 2004   #78
nice work, especially the clothing.

Old 11 November 2004   #79
I think the specular could be more dirty in some areas like the nose or the lips

Old 11 November 2004   #80
HEy the face looks nice, great job on the compositing.

Old 11 November 2004   #81
You are right, if i post a texture you will see nothing becouse of z-brush automatic UV projection(it sucks, i can`t tweak the texture in photoshop correctly).
And whatever you like it or not. It is a solit piece of work, and hard work. For most of users here, it takes weeks and monts to do face like that, so that`s why the 7h time makes you Angry?hm?
And I`m sorry that i do not specify what was 3d and what not. My mistake.

Old 11 November 2004   #82
Incredible Work Damn!!!

I'm a 2d Artist ,just starting out in 3d ,I hope to get to your level in 3d..Fantastic work!!!

Old 11 November 2004   #83
good work!!

good work! it's wonderful! perfect!

Old 11 November 2004   #84
Nice work, but I'd have to agree that if you plan to do anything else with this character you should consider fixing the anatomical issues. Personally I think he'd look better with a little more lighting on his face. But anyway, great work, especially considering you finished it so fast!
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." -Roy Batty

Old 11 November 2004   #85
Originally Posted by Darkone2652: It is a solit piece of work, and hard work. For most of users here, it takes weeks and monts to do face like that, so that`s why the 7h time makes you Angry?hm?

that's not it at all. i believe everyone on this thread applauds you for the work you created in 7 hours. in a production environment speed is almost as important as artistic skill (unfortunately).

BUT - the issue is, the most stunning part of this "3d" work was the shirt for most people, myself included. people saw the shirt and slapped a "5 stars" on it right away. the head on the other hand is good, like a gajillion 3d heads on this forum, yet not quite 5 star quality (although very close). people were voting and discussing the picture as a 3d whole and not just a clever composite.

so, to dispell all this - post the original pic already and let us judge your work compared to it. please let us see what is "behind the curtain".

Old 11 November 2004   #86
Im wondering did you do any overpainting in photoshop on the head once it was composited in. Reason being i like the highlights and such and wonder if zbrush is capable of that.

Old 11 November 2004   #87
So photorealistic, perfect!!

Rambo!!!

Old 01 January 2006   #88
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread