Where to start?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2007
Cool Where to start?

.....I'm fairly new to this forum; and I'm getting a little frustrated; because there's so much good stuff; I don't really know where to start. I end up just going on one super-browse after the other; and don't really study anythng in depth- and don't remember the next time; if I've looked at a particular post; or not; etc.

.....And honest folks; I've generally been limiting myself to this thread; and the Anatomy thread. If I broadened my scope; it would only get worse.

.....Anybody have any good suggestions on how to triage the threads for the most helpful?

.....What I sometimes do; is try to read all the new posts; so I don't get further behind; while starting with the oldest; and working forward.

.....Basically, I'm at more or less the same place in my drawing and painting. After some rapid initial proress; forward progress has stopped. My stuff impresses my nonartist friends; and gets polite respect from other artists; but I'm absolutely not satisfied with it anymore; can't seem to improve; and am spinning my wheels.

.....RVM45

07 July 2007
Stop coming here for 3 months.

Set aside time for yourself to draw and having a place where you can draw without any distraction is very vital.

Deep dive into your own imagination.

To me it sounds like you don't draw as much and you spend more time reading. You really, really need to draw a lot. If this is what you want to do with your life you need to be able to sacrifice. Start enjoying to learn.

07 July 2007
yeah i see what you mean....

my drive is finding a target, i searched around to find someone that renders or draws like i want to someday, look around the cg portfolios or websites for somebody...another drive of mine is trying new stuff, i didn't take drawing seriously until i discoverd all those drawing pencils and tools. i went on an art craze for months lol.

but yeah i am kinda doing to much now trying to improve my drawing and my 3d work. i miss my pencil sometimes lol. so i plan on getting a tablet pc to satisfy that need. get into 2dcg finally and do my concept work there instead of on paper and having to scan it and hope its clear...its all for the better...in other word i'm saying improvise and combine them or something...

hope this helps...

Google+ | Twitter

07 July 2007
Yeah, where to start? I would like to learn to paint with lines, lots of (guide) lines, but I can't find the right name for this. I'm looking for a good tutorial that will teach me to paint these lines.

Like the left painting at the bottom of the image, you see red lines but also lines to paint the head. What is this called?

source: http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/tuts/tutlineart.jpg

EDIT: I just downloaded the books of Loomie and in "fun with a pencil" i noticed he uses lines. I will follow that first but a correct name/word for this would be nice!

Last edited by Voluntas : 07 July 2007 at 01:18 PM.

07 July 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread