Please help, maya viewport angle of view not the same as the render view?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Weeks Ago
Please help, maya viewport angle of view not the same as the render view?

I'm trying to align the model of the chair with the chair in the footage.
It's seems close enough in the viewport but when I take a render it's not aligned anymore.

Can someone help me out?

[img width=773,height=479][/img]

Render view:
[img width=770,height=492][/img]

I used a Sony PXW-X70 camera. These are the camera settings I've put in.

[img width=346,height=644][/img][img width=752,height=197][/img]
  1 Week Ago
Did you input the correct lens settings used in the photograph into maya's camera? The screenshot you posted lists the lens specifications, but not the settings used to take the photo. For that you have to take a look at the photo's EXIF information and adjust accordingly.
  1 Week Ago
I zoomed al the way out so I assumed the focal length was 29 mm. I don't seem to have EXIF information from the camera.
Strangely I found out it's just off in the render view inside of Maya, not when I actually export the frames and allign them in After Effects. So I have no idea why it's showing otherwise inside of Maya.
  1 Week Ago
The EXIF is actually stored in the photo, you can see the information using the Properties window on Explorer or using sites like FotoForensics.

But anyway, I took a look at Arnold's documentation and it seems there are specific camera settings made just for Arnold, you have to scroll down on the Attribute Editor past the Maya's default camera settings to find it.

Details here
  1 Week Ago
But the problem isn't the render not matching the photo, it's the render not matching the vieport. With the film gate on, the render should always have the same projection as the viewport.

One possibility is that you're using a camera setting that Arnold doesn't support. For example, it doesn't support film roll (which has bit me in the past). I'd create a new camera, verify that rendering that does match the viewport, then copy over your camera settings one by one with an IPR running to see which one is causing them to get out of sync.

It would be really helpful if Arnold would warn at render time about things like unsupported camera attributes...
reply share thread