Short film Fractured

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

03 March 2014
Short film Fractured

Would welcome feedback on my animated short "Fractured"
Link:
http://magneticstudio.com/fractured-web.mov

03 March 2014
interesting short in concept and execution, I personally found it somewhat of a downer but then it was the mode I was in when viewed it.

what software did you use?

03 March 2014
Hey.

First off, congrats for putting together a complete project including a great song by your partner/relative?

I don't think you need me to tell you that the animation, modelling etc need sprucing up a bit but my main crit is what the story was about. I tried to see a message but it never really came across. I was worried it was profound for the sake of being profound.

All said with respect.

03 March 2014
Originally Posted by unclebob: interesting short in concept and execution, I personally found it somewhat of a downer but then it was the mode I was in when viewed it.

what software did you use?

Thanks for your feedback!
I used Cinema4D for the entire workflow.
Cheers!

03 March 2014
Originally Posted by grrinc: Hey.

First off, congrats for putting together a complete project including a great song by your partner/relative?

I don't think you need me to tell you that the animation, modelling etc need sprucing up a bit but my main crit is what the story was about. I tried to see a message but it never really came across. I was worried it was profound for the sake of being profound.

All said with respect.

Thanks for your feedback!
The message is intended to be somewhat vague so that the viewer can draw upon their own experiences. What it means to me is that the old man is in search of something that will complete him, not realizing that when he does, it is his undoing. The puzzle piece can be represented by one's selfishness or unhealthy obsession. Once he realizes this fact, it's too late.

If anyone has a different take, would love to read it..
Thx again for your input!

03 March 2014
Thanks for your reply. Then I guess another crit would be that the old guy does not seem to be looking for something in the first place. It is as if he has just stumbles across those pieces of the puzzle and they tempt him up to the island. But then again, if you are looking to leave this open to interpretation, that could be considered too.

"It is as if he has.." ?

03 March 2014
Originally Posted by grrinc: Thanks for your reply. Then I guess another crit would be that the old guy does not seem to be looking for something in the first place. It is as if he has just stumbles across those pieces of the puzzle and they tempt him up to the island. But then again, if you are looking to leave this open to interpretation, that could be considered too.

"It is as if he has.." ?

That's a good point and now I'm wondering if the opening scene should show a man in pursuit of those puzzle pieces already.

03 March 2014
If you want crits on your animation this is the place. General Discussion is for shooting the breeze but not for presenting work.

03 March 2014
Originally Posted by Kanga: If you want crits on your animation this is the place. General Discussion is for shooting the breeze but not for presenting work.

ok Thx for moving it here

reply share thread