Nitrogen Studios is hiring for the Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg R rated, theatrical animated film Sausage Party. We are now accepting job applications – please apply here: http://www.nitrogenstudios.com/jobs...-layout-artist/
The Previz/Layout Artist is responsible for creating the previsualization of the film and refining the final camera movements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Create sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer environment.
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
- Work with storyboards to create and enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
- Working collaboratively; meeting with Supervisor to ensure layout adheres to the vision set out by the Directors.
- Deliver work in a timely manner.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with Maya
- Ability to interpret a storyboard.
- Firm understanding of cameras, staging, composition, perspective, pacing, timing and general film making concepts in both animation and live action contexts.
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Supervisor and Directors.
- Knowledge of animation production pipeline an asset.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Comfortable modeling basic assets
- Character animation an asset