Pulldownit house distruction... W.I.P

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Cool Pulldownit house distruction... W.I.P

I am using Pulldownit for fractures and wall distruction.
Fire explosion and smoke still to add up. WIP.
plz watch and comment for improvement ...

House distruction
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123.jpg (83.6 KB, 24 views)

Old 07 July 2013   #2
Nice test PrasooN, I like the way the wall is exploding with little debris in the borders, however in the top part the edges of the remaining wall are too straight in my opinión you can try to add jagginess to this part to get a better look, anyway looks good

Old 07 July 2013   #3
Thumbs up

Yes, I have observed that too. thanks for mentioning it.
I'll make sure that those edges would have some jagginess and will try also to break some of those big edges in falling debris. Next test would be definitely better.
Cheers...

Last edited by PrasooN : 07 July 2013 at 05:40 AM.

Old 07 July 2013   #4
I agree with the comment regarding the fracturing edge at the top.
I also feel like the gravity is really low. Its a big building but the fractured pieces fly out fast at the beginning then slow down to almost a zero gravity behavior halfway through...good start!

Old 07 July 2013   #5
Great start! I'd definitely bump up the gravity value (don't be afraid to go higher and think it won't be 'physically accurate').
Adding jagginess will also help sell realism, but don't add it while you're continuing to tweak your simulation because it will significantly slow it down. Once you're happy with it, then add the jagginess.

Also, it can't hurt to increase the amount of small debris. I would do this with particles and instance geometry. That way it's cheap and you don't have to add more resolution into your shattered geo.

Colby

Old 07 July 2013   #6
thank you very much ! Its a student level work and I will definitely add gravity (more ) because I have used it but as you said I have to bump the value up. And yes instancing particle will be good for small debris as they wont be much noticeable.

Old 07 July 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread