The Deal

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2012   #1
The Deal

I am not finished with this, and any critique would be helpful.

Old 06 June 2012   #2
I realized that the colors in the shadows do not match up very well, and I have been trying to remedy that. I'm not sure whether this is an improvement, so any comments would be appreciated. Also, these are screenshots of the original drawing, and the colors are a little more washed out and lighter than they appear in Photoshop.

Old 06 June 2012   #3
Your cast shadows don't match the light source. You need to learn how to cast shadows properly in perspective (google for Loomis's "Successful Drawing").

The cast shadow on the floor should not obscure the outlines of the floor panels.

The guy leaning on the bar counter--his right leg has no fold/wrinkle at the bend of the knee.

Is that framed picture on the wall meant to be a drawing by a child? If not, you need to make it look more like an actual image by an adult, because right now it looks like a 5-yr old's crayon drawing.

You've got perspective issues in this image. Again, study the Loomis book--it'll show you how to do perspective properly.

You need to study anatomy a bit more. The structure of your anatomy/figure contains problems--both logical and aesthetic ones. Do lots of studies of real people--be it photo references or real life, and do them in different lighting situations so you become familiar with how the form and cast shadows relate to the anatomical structure.

Old 06 June 2012   #4
Thank you so much for the comment, I really appreciate it

I was aware of the lack of folding in the person's pants- I'll get to that later. The larger issue here is that that person is supposed to be a lady. Also, could you tell me some specific areas where the anatomy is bad? I know parts look a little bit off, but I am not sure what to change.

I am also going to fix the framed picture in a bit. I know it looks messed up right now.

A large portion of the issues in this picture stem from the fact that I drew the dude in the suit first, and then decided to add a scene around it (I know that's a terrible way to start a drawing, but oh well), and the perspective/shadow issues are all part of that. Also, this is pretty much the first detailed scene that I have drawn, so I'm not sure where to start. I tried to fix the perspective and shadows issues, but I'm still not sure if I got everything right, so let me know.

Here is the drawing so far:

Old 06 June 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread