NOW OPEN!!! OPEN FIGURE DRAWING WORKSHOP 006 with Ron Eyre and Rebecca Kimmel!!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2005   #121
Talking

Metrini,

You can do any of the OFDWs that you wish ~ however, most of the energy will be concentrated on the most recent OFDW, which at the moment is OFDW 007. But I will happily look at any work posted to any of the OFDWs.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 11 November 2005   #122
I thought I would go back and do this one since I skipped it. Pencil on paper once more...would have done it in charcoal, but I left that up in my studio. Had problems with the hand, and the more I fiddled with it, the worse it got...finally gave up. *sigh* I'm still experimenting with scanner methods as well...

Here I uped the contrast as high as it will go...interresting effect.

This one I just upped...kind of close, but still losing some stuff.

Old 11 November 2005   #123
Talking

mybutterflyiris,

Hey there, one recommendation I might have for tweaking a scanned image is to try this 2 step process:

1. Desaturate the image (Ctrl + Shift + U, or Image > Adjustments > Desaturate)
2. Set the Levels to Auto (Ctrl + L > Click "Auto", or Image > Adjustments > Levels > Click "Auto")

This almost always helps my images. The desaturation bit is important ~ you'll get worse results if there is color information (for drawings), at least, so I've found.

You can also manually adjust the 3 sliders in the Levels window, the left slider (triangle) is for darks, the middle slider is for middtones, and the right slider for lights. Try experimenting with this and hopefully it will help.

I like the bottom version quite a lot ~ in terms of the drawing itself, I mean. Do you think you will draw the rest of the figure as well?

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 11 November 2005   #124
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Nigh7shad3,

Hey, good to see your progress! You can paste the URL of your Photobucket images into the little mountain / sun icon in the text editor which you can get back to by clicking "Edit Post" in your post window. That way, folks can see your images without clicking on a link.

I actually recommend trying the approach Martin / erilaz is using, which is to use only grayscale values at first to build form. It's a great approach, and limits the set of factors with which you have to contend when digitally painting. Steven Stahlberg has a great tutorial on his website which outlines this method of painting. I definitely recommend checking it out!

Also, you may want to check out this demo I put together for a value study piece I did for OFDW 002:
TUTORIAL - Digital Figurative Painting from OFDW - by Rebeccak.

Samanthie did an incredible COLOR digital painting tutorial here:
TUTORIAL - Digital Figure Painting - by Samanthie

Hope these provide some useful information which you can then continue to use in your piece!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Phew! Been out of town for 2 weeks, came back to find out that my entire harddisk/mobo/windows was corrupted due to a worm. Talk about bad-luck! No worries, got a go at Painter 9 (real neat!) and have been visiting Steven Stahlberg's website and also Rebeccak's OFWD tutorial.

Still figuring out how to build forms using grayscale values and applying colours to it.

Old 01 January 2006   #125
I know I'm ridiculously late with this but I was too busy with work at the time and I really wanted to do this one. I loved the photos, especially this one... full of character and light and colours

Here are my WIP pics.

Old 01 January 2006   #126
Talking

Amerasu,

Beautiful work! Great to have you back in the OFDWs ~ I think at some point, if you would like to post a tutorial here on the Anatomy Forum, and call it TUTORIAL - Digital Anatomy Painting - by Amerasu, that would be great! You could include as many or as few step by steps for various paintings ~ I think this would really benefit the community as a whole, if you are interested.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 01 January 2006   #127
Thanks very much Rebecca. I really enjoyed doing this one.

I'll put a painting tutorial together for the next OFDW I do

Old 01 January 2006   #128
Talking

Amerasu,

Sweet! Definitely looking forward to it!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 01 January 2006   #129
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread