Vimeo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Vimeo

Did vimeo.com get hacked today?

3D Models
@ Turbosquid

my Scripts

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Not that I have seen, what are you seeing there?

Old 09 September 2012   #3
yeah, it was odd. Vimeo is back to it's normal look. For a small amount of time none of the graphics were showing up, and the website looked like a giant text file, no formatting. Odd, but it's back to normal.

3D Models
@ Turbosquid

my Scripts

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Have seen that happen on a few other sites, I thought it might be a browser bug or my ISP's DNS has been a mess lately. The whole internet is falling apart!

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Probably a tracking shell script was inserted by some C.I.A. tech looking for pattern in viewing habits and they screwed it up. You know like what is on youtube. I think I'll ensure that some Tech in the C.I.A. will read this " Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Agro, Attack, Enriched, FARC, Plot, and Fundamentalism. There I think that's enough RED flag words. Enjoy lowly tech i salute you. By the way good job with stuxnet!

Last edited by azamux : 09 September 2012 at 10:37 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #6
I think they use contextural phrases now like "I hate ****** (insert your favourite software)" or the equally popular "I love ****** (insert your favourite software) and it will take over the world" or the ever popular "Im right and you are wrong cause I have made ******(insert your number) of posts here", or the equally ingeneous "If you read my post thats not what I said and you are therefore wrong" That would pick up most of the rabid looneys here, with luck maybe the CIA could blackbox them all

I did get a note from digital tutors yesterday though saying someone had tried to tamper with their site and to change my password as a precaution

Last edited by tonytrout : 09 September 2012 at 11:43 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Probably a software update gone wrong.

Old 09 September 2012   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread