The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Torsten Thuenen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #91
Final Image: Almost Final

Ok, almost there.

Tell me what you think.

Here you can find a higher resolution:

Journey 2048 x 871

Russel

Old 05 May 2006   #92
Arrow

hi russel, compozition looks very good, I only have a problm with the sea, should have a little color variaton, somthing like brighter close to shore and darker far
at a second look the tree semms too flat, in rest, looks great man

BAM

Old 05 May 2006   #93
Final Image: The Journey Begins - Final

Since his early childhood Jonathan dreams to fly.
Every evening his grandma told him stories of the former times, when birds of their kind still had wings to fly. Every morning he ran outside to watch the paradise birds leaving their trees and flying to the open sea. Jonathan so much wished he could join them.
As soon as he was able to hold a pencil Jonathan starts drawing all different kinds of flying machines. Unfortunately he never had the chance to build one of his inventions.
One day when he was out in the forest, climbing on the huge trees, he realised tiny blue spots on the bark and when he stepped on a branch which was covered all over with this blue spots the branch suddenly breaks and Jonathan managed to grab a vein in the very last second to stop him from falling to dead. Once again he wished he could fly.
Later when he told his grandma from his adventure she got very excited and ask Jonathan to bring her a piece of the bark with the blue spots.
Jonathan who saw the fear in his grandmaís eyes ran as fast as he could to get a piece of the bark.
When he gave it to his grandma she starts to shiver and had to sit down. It took a while until she was able to speak again. Than she told Jonathan what this blue spots are.
The blue spots are the first sign of a very serious illness which affects the trees. It starts quite slow, but when not stopped in early stages it will affect the whole wood and kill all the trees in it. There is only one way to save the trees. A medicine made from the Blue Moon Leaf Flower, which was quite common is the old days but now had vanished totally from the wood.
There is only on person who knows where the flower can still be found. The old hermit on stone-bridge island. But there is no other way to get there than flying and we lost this ability long time ago.
Now it was Jonathanís time to get very excited. He said to his grandma that they may not be able to fly by themselves but that he could build a machine which can do. He would just need the material which he could not afford till now.
Grandma agreed with Jonathan and both went to see the tree committee to give a report of what they have discovered and asked them to help build Jonathans flying machine. It didnít take long to persuade the committee and shortly after the work on Jonathans machine started.
After three weeks of hard work the airship was finally finished. Jonathan named it after the nickname of his Grandma. It referred to the time when her feathers where still black as the night and she was know through out the wood as the ďDark LadyĒ.
The next day, when all things Jonathan would need were brought on board

The Journey Begins.

Old 05 May 2006   #94
So, this is it. Finally itís finished.

Thanks to everybody who supports me during this time. It was really fun and I learned a lot.

Some specs:

Final resolution: 4096 x 1742

Software used: Hash Animation:Master and Adobe Photoshop

Total amount of layers rendered: 8

Total rendering time: about 20 hours

Here you can find a higher resolution image: 2048 x 871

Russel

Old 05 May 2006   #95
big congrats on finishing Russel- it looks great! I love all the fantastic ship details on the high res.good luck, and see you at the next challenge!

Old 05 May 2006   #96
congrats on finishing the pic, nice story

Old 05 May 2006   #97
Congratulations on your Final Image, Torsten, Nice Story, good job I wish you luck

Old 05 May 2006   #98
Hey Torsten! Enjoyed following your work from the beginning -- you've really captured a sense of wonder and perspective with your camera angle and lighting...showing off your cool ship! Great work! Hope to see more in future Challenges! Cheers!

Old 05 May 2006   #99
Congratulations. It looks fantastic. I really like those final touches - the birds flying, the tree texture and the atmospheric effects and colours of the shallow water. All very beautiful and very much pointing to a journey. The story is excellent too. I sure hope to see you in another challenge

Old 05 May 2006   #100
Shakes: Thank you very much. I really love your entry. Can't wait to see you entering the next challenge.

Squibbit: Without your support I wouldn't made it this far. Thank you very much.

Climax: Thank you very much. Wish you good luck for your 5D entry as well.

oceanbluesky: I am really glad you like my entry. Yours was amazing to follow as well. Cu in the next challenge.

mdavid: Thanks a lot. I really hope to see you in the next challenge. I learned a lot from your thread.

Old 05 May 2006   #101
Well congrats on your piece Mr. Nash. Looks pretty cool.
I'm new at this so I have no idea how long the voting process takes. Good luck.

The Journey Begins - My first challenge

Old 05 May 2006   #102
Congratulations on finishing this piece! I'm very impressed with the amount of detail in this piece! Good luck!

Old 05 May 2006   #103
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread